Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday, Friday

TGIF! I don’t have a new recipe for you today, so instead you get to hear some ramblings about my life, plus, to keep you interested, some of my recent phone pics (ferry! donuts! parades! cat!) and a few fun recipes from around the interwebz.

Seattle Ferry // Loves Food, Loves to Eat
First off, I’ve basically been sick for a month and a half, and have had zero appetite and zero energy to cook. At Christmas I got the flu. Which turned to bronchitis. Which became a sinus infection. Which led to a double ear infection. Then sometime around middle-end of January I started to feel better for like a week…then I picked up a new cold/flu virus. And now I’ve been sick for the last 2 weeks again. I should probably start living in a plastic bubble. But, I’m starting to feel better, and have some good ideas for Valentine’s Day treats for you!

Donuts for Days // Loves Food, Loves to Eat Speaking of Valentine’s Dayas I’ve mentioned before, I love everything about it. Actually, not everything… I hate red velvet! There, said it. Just… why eat mild-chocolate flavored food-coloring? I’d rather have full-on chocolate. Take your red velvet cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cookies, and cocktails. I don’t want ‘em. I do want these V-Day goodies though:


Let’s talk about the Super Bowl. Guys… I might as well change my blog name to Loves Food, Loves the Legion of Boom. Because seriously, I’m obsessed. I’m all Seahawks, all the time. I keep reading that everyone who isn’t a Hawks fan/Pacific Northwest resident/ Seattleite thought the game was boring. WHAT!?! OMG. IT was the most amazing game ever! It’s all we can talk about here. And the parade earlier this week (see the sea of 12s below) was incredible! We all came together like this big giant family, the sense of camaraderie is amazing here right now. BEASTMODE.
 
Seahawks Parade // Loves Food, Loves to Eat Also, a quick related rant. I’m usually a big NYT fan, but this article…sucks. It’s clearly written by someone who knows nothing about Seattle. First off, it’s the Seattle Freeze, not the Seattle Chill. And this sentence is the most inaccurate thing I’ve ever read: “Drivers here often smile and wave at one another for no obvious reason”… um, hardly! We may be polite, but that doesn’t mean friendly… it’s called the Seattle Freeze for a reason! And finally, no one refers to Seattle as “Oakland of the North.” That has never happened. Ok, rant over.
 
Now that I’m getting my appetite back, there are lots of things I want to eat. Particularly these things:

See you guys & gals soon with all things chocolaty and lovey and hearts and cupids!
 
Biscuit the Cat // Loves Food, Loves to Eat  
SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig